Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas!



Hope everyone had a great holiday season. This year me and Michael stayed home and had our very own Christmas morning! We had John's presents set out on the floor so he could find them easier. I put away all his other toys so he wouldn't be tempted to just grab his favorite ball and do his normal thing. He was so cute. Michael helped him open his presents and then we opened ours. We had a sweet morning despite me feeling a little sick. I was coughing a lot and my eyes were hurting really bad. Thankfully, God healed my eye later that morning! :) Michael made Cranberry-Orange muffins from scratch! They were so delicious. John took an almost 3 hour nap that morning and then we headed out to church (a little late due to the long nap) where we celebrated our Savior and King, the Son of God who came to us in the unlikely form as a humble baby.

Christmas Day I was so grateful for my life. So many of my friends were going through some very hard times. I spent most of my day praying for them and thanking God or what I had been given. I am so blessed to have my healthy and super-spunky child, and a sweet husband who loves me despite all my issues. 

After church, we spent the rest of the day with Michael's parents and sister, Hannah. I am also so blessed to have them as in-laws! They are so fun and I really enjoy spending time with them. I got to Skype with my family later that evening. It was a complete and satisfying Christmas :)


Roseman family tradition: Hannukah Game Championship!
Tonight is the last night of Hannukah and I am down 5-2! This means war!
Winners:
2008 Michael
2009 Me and Michael tied
2010 Me!! 
(He might've let me win since I was hugely pregnant)
2011 yet to be decided... it's not looking positive for me.

John and Michael sitting on the couch watching Despicable Me. Michael got it this Christmas from my sister and her hubby. Had to capture this moment: John is sitting on Michael's shoulders while gnawing on his teething toy. I love these guys! I just noticed this morning that we have another tooth that has cut its way through! Up to 5 teeth now!

"What do I do with this thing?"


Cranberry-Orange Muffins with Orange Glaze. I posted the recipe on the "From the Kitchen" page. Enjoy!
May everyone have a safe and Happy New Year! Our days of watching the ball drop are over for a little while. 
Sleep is kinda more important :)



No comments:

Post a Comment