Thursday, May 26, 2011

the news 5.26.11

Fact:
Cinnamon Raisin bagels really stink up a pantry.
Fact:
I wanted a big bowl of my homemade gumbo last night at about 2am. A nursing mom is worse than a teenage boy... I could eat us out of house-and-home, for real!


GUMBO!! Yummy!!!!

Fact:
The garden is planted! I can't wait to sink my teeth into some fresh watermelon and make my own pickles! I've never done that before and I'm curious to see if I'm any good at it! I know they probably won't be shimmering gold and sing and dance for me, but they might be alright. :)


In other news, I started doing pilates. Well, I did it for one day like a week ago. I need a pilates mat because doing all that stuff on our hard cement floor was ROUGH. John was my own little cheerleader. I tried to do it while he slept, but of course, he woke
up early, so he hung out beside me while I tried not to kick him in the face :) He's scooting around pretty good nowadays and I've gotta really look before I step! Chances are, he's moved around the room :)

He's still not sleeping great, but I am giving Babywise another try. At least to get him on some semblance of a schedule. He actually is doing well with it. He eats on and off for the first two hours and then I put him down for a nap, he fusses and squirms for about 10 minutes, and then, glorious snoozing. :) And then at night, I'm feeding him a lot right before bed, and again the first time he wakes up (gotta pick him up to change a full diaper!) and then the last two times he tries to wake up, I hush him and pat him and, well he cries a lot (I cried with him the first night...) but it's more of a "Hey lady, pick me up, already" cry and not, "I'm in serious need!" Not a whole lot of change yet but I'm hopeful that he'll get the hint that nighttime is for sleeping!! :)

I recently bought a Boba Carrier for our growing boy! I had been wrapping him (see adjacent link) but it started to cut into his chunky little legs. I wore him all yesterday evening while I cooked dinner and he was so happy and content. I love my little boy! Even though I'm giving this babywise stuff another chance and I'm gonna let him cry it out a little more now that he's almost 6 months, I'm still planning on spoiling him rotten with kisses!!! :) And I enjoy wearing him and having him close while he's awake. He likes playing on the floor too, so I'll just play it by ear.

Alright, that's the news. Time for my second breakfast!

To go with our gumbo I also made beignets and, of course, espresso con panna! So delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, the carrier is awesome! I bet John will enjoy that!!

    We're getting rid of one of our Yoga mats if you'd like to have it for a pilates mat? We started doing P90X, girl, it's tough but I love it! Working out, be it running, yoga, pilates or anything else is unbelievable, don't you think? Good luck!!

    Hope you have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete