Tuesday, May 17, 2011

rainy days and sleepless nights

I should be napping.
John is napping but he is king of cat-naps so I don't dare get too comfortable. Instead, I am watching the dreary morning pass by. I got to make myself coffee this morning. I don't always have time for that so when I do, I try to do it right!


My espresso con panna (espresso with yummy homemade whipped cream!) Decaf of course. It was delicious. J-bird wanted a sip too! He about knocked it out of my hands a couple times trying to steal it away from me. :)

Like he needs coffee! He needs to sleep! At night preferably!



Night before last, he slept for 6 straight hours. Which was glorious. But last night, he was back to his old routine of waking up every couple hours, snacking, and dozing off for another couple hours. He's been doing this for about a month and a half. I love sleep. I miss it dearly. Oh well... it's all part of this glorious self-sacrificing life of a momma. I would undoubtedly lay down my life for him. In the everyday world, that equates to going without sleep when he needs me to. I'm still learning the ropes to this motherhood thing.

The one piece of parenting advice that I will cherish: "You'll get tons of well-meaning nuggets of advice. But in the end, you gotta do what you gotta do." I've tried the baby-wise thing. It worked for a little while, but John loves to snack and he doesn't always want a nap every three hours. I've read quite a few books and read a bunch of stuff online, but I'm done with all that. I'm just gonna do what I have to do and pray that he turns out okay. :)

I'll also be praying for a steadier sleep pattern!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Everybody will try to give advice on how to raise YOUR child, but he is yours so you do what you think best :)

    Hope the coffee was good! Remember the French Press you gave us over a year ago? We've been using every day and we LOVE it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete