Monday, August 1, 2011

Movin' on up!

Well, the time has come for our little John to have his own room. We rearranged our rooms yesterday and last night wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I still had to get up and check on him a few times but from 3-6 there were a few times I heard him fuss and I just waited a few minutes and he was quiet again. So all in all... I think it was a good call. He had gotten to the point where he would wake up and see us laying there, he'd stand up and wait for us (me) to come "play" with him. :) It was very cute... but we all need some sleep! So now, he's got his own room and Michael and I are upstairs in our loft. I didn't take pictures of THAT because it's not very cute right now. :)




Michael and I are learning how to communicate like never before. Our friendship & partnership has taken a few beatings along the way but thankfully, God's grace is sufficient. He keeps teaching us about love and respect. Marriage is a funny thing... a refiner's fire that is always hot and unyielding but at the same time, such a sweet & happy thing. I don't know what I would do without Michael. I know what Michael would do... he would never find anything ever again! :) I am his "find-it" girl.
Gammy (my mom) sent John some teething biscuits! He loves them!

I'm trying a new formula for John's wipe cloths. Water, Renew lotion (this stuff is the BEST), Melaleuca, & a few capsules of vitamin E. So far, his diaper rash, an unending saga, is doing a little better. I can't use our fun cloth diapers when he breaks out like this so I'm eager to find something that could prevent his rash. I've recently made some fleece diaper liners (to use with the cloth diapers) to try to pull away the moisture from his "tenders" (hehe). It's helped a little but he is still breaking out :(

Among other happenings, I have decided that I need to find a crafty thing that I'm actually good at. I recently borrowed a sewing machine from a ladyfriend from church. I just about threw that machine across my house! I am a self-taught stitcher so I don't know many tricks. I love fabric and I wish I had the time and talent to make beautiful things. Even a few purses or maybe a quilt. I have made purses in the past but they aren't spectacular in my opinion. I like to paint but I'm not awesome at that either. It's the story of my life. I want to be great at something but alas I am a jack of all trades, master of none. I will still sew and crochet and paint and play music and write songs, but the only person who I know will think it's outrageously awesome is Jesus.... because He's so nice to pat me on my back and say, "Aw, you're trying. That's cute."

The only other thing to report is that I have started back actively telling folks about this great store that we found called Melaleuca! There's a link on the side if you wanna check it out! It's a great company with amazing products that are friendly towards the environment, the family, AND the monthly budget. We love the store, it has helped us, and every time someone we tell about it tries it out, we get some extra funds for marketing the company. It's a pretty sweet deal for simply telling people about how awesome Melaleuca is.

Money isn't everything... but I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman and help provide for my family.

I leave you with this:
"I'll get my diaper myself!"


No comments:

Post a Comment